Lynne Jones MP masthead.gif (12858 bytes)


Contact me


Events round up

In Parliament


Local issues

Policy issues

Press releases

About me


Alcohol Licensing

November 2006

The Government has given local councils the responsibility for deciding on applications for an alcohol licence, including variations in the hours of opening of existing licensed premises.  Following successful ‘lobbying’ of the Council’s Licensing section, they have agreed to regularly update me on the alcohol licensing applications they receive and I now receive a weekly list of all new applications.

You can also check the Council’s website to find out what decisions have been made following applications, or to check if any new applications have been made in your neighbourhood using this link:  This will take you to the Council’s Reports & Decisions database and you can then search for the name of the premises you are interested in.  If an application has been made, you should then click on the ‘Topic’ and, if a decision has been made, open the ‘Minutes’ of the Licensing Committee meeting to check on the outcome (a pdf file, for which you will need Adobe Reader).

To make a comment on a new application, however, you need to have an ‘interest’, primarily by living or working nearby.   You can find out more on this and how to make representations here:


back to top

back to local issues page


Topical issues...

Climate change

Identity cards

My visit to Iraq

House arrest - Terrorism Bill

Make Poverty History

Four links across bottom bar 1) Young People's Parliament 2) Children and Young People's Unit 3) Kids Explore Parliament 4) Labour Party

Created by GMID Design & Communication

Home | Contact me | Articles | Events round up | In parliament
Links | Local issues | Policy issues | Press releases | About me